Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Mysterious Allergy Bean

I had an allergic reaction last week. My chest tightened, I could hardly breathe and walking was out of the question. After Lexi got me home and shoved a Benadryl in my hand I was fine a mere 15 minutes later. The next day we just couldn't figure out what it was that had set me off. Two days ago we went to our little spot (Into the Woods Cafe) and I had flat fried rice noodles in chicken gravy. I felt nascious after about 7 bites and I couldn't eat anymore. We started walking home and I began coughing with my throat becoming more irritated with each step. Well..this isn't good I thought. We walked the 3 minutes home and then I had to sit. 15 minutes of just sitting and my throat had gone down and my breathing was back to normal. The next day I read that peanuts are actually beans and not nuts. Take a look at the picture...Ladies and gentlemen that is a boiled peanut. I had been having reactions because of lack of knowledge that a peanut is actually a bean. Know your facts people. Minds open, hearts close, bellies full!
-The Foodie and Nature Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment