Saturday, January 18, 2014

Flying Over Alaska







So we flew over Canada, Alaska, Russia and parts of Asia. It was weird and a little unsettling to see the large lakes and rivers in Canada completely frozen over. I didn’t take any pictures of Canada because quite frankly I kept thinking we were over the Atlantic somewhere. I was all confused. There were land masses in the middle of the frozen lakes that were huge! I had to look on the flight tracker on the back seat to see where in the heck we were (Canada). Then I happened to open up my window about an hour later and I see mountains and mountains of snow! Checked the tracker again and BOOM we were over Alaska! I kept peeking down hoping I could see a polar bear or penguin. No such luck. I took pictures with my phone. It was so beautiful to see the frozen rivers. I could see the paths of the water. The coolest part is I randomly looked down and saw…civilization! I’m not really sure if it was fire, ice buildings (bigger than igloos) or just really well lit houses but it was AWESOME! As I look out upon the snow drifts and the pathways of water I’m exuberated. I’m such a nature enthusiast. This is one of the reasons why I came. Well I’m going to get back to the movies on the back of the chair. This is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment