Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Feeling of Seeing the Path

Today we had a lovely lecture about women, the word mother, and the rice goddess in Thai culture. It was a fascinating lecture and it kept my attention the entire time. I was so happy to hear about how the Thai language developed the way it did and how the role and view of women has changed drastically since WWII. There were only a few of us out of 13 who didn't fall asleep (brain toned out). Even one of our aa-jaan was doodling and took barely any notes. I had 2 pages! I was so mesmerized. At the end of the lecture after my noodle soup I walked around the lake and told Lexi how I felt. I told her that I knew. I knew in the middle of the lecture what I wanted to do with my life. What path I wanted to take in the next 2 years of my schooling. My majors are Asian Studies and English with a minor in Anthropology. Finally I can see my path and I know I will stay on it. The feeling of freedom and happiness has washed over me today. My depression which has loomed over me the past 5 days is gone. Finally I see.
Minds open, hearts close, bellies full

-The Foodie and Nature Enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment