Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Best Thai in Lanna...Supposedly

February 5th, 2014

FOOD PICS ALERT!!! If you are about to view this as a hungry person I do not recommend you read this blog post.

This restaurant we found while walking by a little market. Peter, Ryan, Trevor, Evan and I all decided food was needed. The restaurant claimed to be the best in Lanna. On the walls were pieces of paper covered in many languages raving about the food there. German, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, English, French, Russian, you name it they had it. Below is the food we got. The food was good but I'm not sure if I would stretch it to the best Thai that I've had. Under each picture I have the name of the food and what is in it. The women who ran the shop let me take a picture so there's a picture of our cook! 
fuq kai (pronounced fuck guy) fuq means squash but most Thai people use it as pumpkin. This was Peter's food pumpkin with chicken soup with rice. 

If I remember correctly this is green curry. Ryan's dish. Capers, veggies, rice etc. Ryan likes spicy so he always puts red pepper on his meals. 

sen mii Luuk chin muu naam. Vermicelli with pork balls soup. I get this dish quite often mostly because I really like pork balls. My teacher says it's because there is borax in the meat...but oh well I still like it. There's beans and kale and a broth (haven't quite figured out the kind yet). Garlic is always included. Garlic here is like ketchup in America. garlic garlic garlic

Evan's dish: Pad thai. Glass noodles fried with egg and some veggies with peanuts on the top. I haven't had this because I'm allergic to peanuts but my friends enjoy it for me and tell me how it tastes. Evan likes spicy too so he usually adds red pepper flakes as well. He is known as the trip's garbage disposal. What we don't eat, he does. One always needs a garbage disposal. 

phat phak khaaw. Rice with fried vegetables. Trevor got the easy meal. This is actually not a Thai dish. When you order fried rice a lot of places say "American fried rice" because most rice dishes are not fried with eggs. 

OUR COOK! SHE'S SO AWESOME!

Minds open, hearts close, Bellies FULLLLLL!
-The Foodie and Nature Enthusiast



No comments:

Post a Comment