Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fruit Fruit Oh and More....BARGAINING


If you couldn't tell already from previous blog posts, because you haven't been following or whatever the reason, I love fruit. I bought these at the market close to the East gate (ThaPhae). I recommend everybody goes to the street it's on. You have to pass a lovely food hawker location then you turn right BOOM market. If you keep going down the street you'll run into this great little bakery with cresecents for a dollar and you'll see the best restaurant in Thailand (refer to previous post for explanation). So there's a mango, mangosteen, and strawberries there. By the time I took this picture I had ate half the bag of strawberries. I walked up to the woman and grabbed the mangosteen and asked her how much, she immediately went down from 100 to 90B. I nodded slightly. Then I quickly grabbed a mango (70 B) and the bag of strawberries (80B) and asked her tang mot (all together)? She looked at me shocked and as she giggled she said 200B. SCORE! Anybody who is reading this I got a crap ton of fruit that was supposed to be 250B for 200B. I spent $6 on all this fruit! Bargaining here is socially acceptable and is actually considered a cultural norm. So if you come to Thailand...BARGAIN AWAY!
Minds open, hearts close, bellies full!
-The foodie and nature enthusiast

No comments:

Post a Comment