Monday, March 3, 2014

Laos...at least there was a waterfall *sigh*

Laos was pretty sucky. I’m just being honest. We were so used to Lanna food, full of seasonings that Laos food tasted like water. Tasteless. Dinner was $5, when most of us were used to Thailand which was $1 (hawker food) to maybe $5 (nice dinner in a sit down foreign food place). The tuk tuk drivers were loud and obnoxious where Thai tuk tuk drivers just honked or slowed down and looked at you. All you have to do in Thailand is shake your head no. In Laos? No. No. No. No. no. FOR GOD’S SAKE I SAID NO!!!! The Laos people got drunk and were LOUD. Where Thai people you ask to speak up and they keep their volume the same, quiet. Did I mention Laos is a communist country? It was quite unsettling to see the soldiers walk with AK’s towards you. We’re Americans, we hear the horror stories… Anyways we did go to a waterfall together. That was really fun. Lauren and I climbed to the top of the mountain together to stand at the waterfall’s beginning pools. It was beautiful. Then we climbed down on some steps we thought were stone, but were actually wood stairs with minerals deposited on them from the water. Then we found our friends and went into the bright sky blue pools to enjoy the cold water. I jumped off the waterfall at the pool and just had a blast. Plus it was the first time I had been in a bathing suit since I got my last tattoo.
Minds open, hearts close, bellies full!

-The foodie and Nature Enthusiast








No comments:

Post a Comment