Sunday, February 9, 2014

DRAGON

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the…..DRAGONFRUIT!!! I told you guys about eating some in Bangkok at the guesthouse and being totally mesmerized by it. Here, in Chiang Mai, I found some for 45 baht! Check that out! I couldn’t pass that up! It has the consistency of a kiwi therefore it was extremely easy to cut open. You can peel it like a kiwi too. All I had to do was pull back the peel and off came the fruit. We used Peter’s plate to put the fruit on and we caught some hot sauce in the process…that was an interesting taste to say the least. It’s a beautiful color. If you’ve only had dragonfruit already prepared I suggest spending the extra money to get it whole. It’s a thrilling experience.

The other fruit here is called Jackfruit. I haven’t tried it yet but it was growing at the Phra That temple. I just thought it was so interesting because it grows right on the trunk. I had never seen a fruit do that before. As always let me know if you have any questions.
Minds open, hearts close, bellies full.


-The Foodie and Nature Enthusiast



No comments:

Post a Comment